Patch Notes for Godfall features an overview of all the patches released by the developer Counterplay Games. The following patches are free and are released via online PlayStation Network, Xbox Live or Steam, these patches focus on game balance, performance and localization issues.
Godfall Patch Notes
Godfall Quick Update - 3.3.54
- Release Date: October 7, 2021.
- PC: LIVE
- Playstation 5/Playstation 4: LIVE
Godfall 3.3.54 is a minor patch focused on stability and bug fixes.
- Solved an issue where players could receive an incorrect/negative amount of Ascension Points.
- Solved an issue where secondary ailment traits would no longer grant bonus damage after being upgraded.
- Solved an issue where rapidly killing a group of enemies could cause a delay in spawning loot.
- Solved an issue in the Tower of Trials where rapidly killing a group of enemies and interacting with a Chest or Spring would cause a delay spawning loot or displaying Boon/Bane choices.
- Solved an issue where players could be kicked back to the Sanctum from AToT when opening up their menu after picking up many pieces of loot quickly.
- Solved an issue where players could choose the same Curse more than once in a Lightbringer round.
- Solved an issue where players could choose a Curse from the same category more than once in a Lightbringer round.
- Solved an issue where light beacons in Lightbringer would not point towards Light Caches if activated during earlier phases.
Godfall Quick Update - 3.3.50
- Release Date: August 25, 2021.
- PC: LIVE
- Playstation 5/Playstation 4: LIVE
Godfall 3.3.50 is a patch focused on quality of life and bug fixes. It includes a new Mass Salvage option in the Armory, a life counter to better feedback how you and your party are doing and a healthy dose of bug fixes.
Mass Salvage & PC Salvage Keybinds
The salvage system has been updated in the Armory:
- Keyboard/Mouse users can now right click on items to mark them for salvage. Right click and drag over multiple items to mark them all for salvage.
- The Salvage option has been replaced with a Mass Salvage option.
- Use “Mark for Salvage” to salvage fewer items, and use “Mass Salvage” to salvage big bulks of items.
- Mass Salvage allows you to filter items based on certain criteria and then salvage them all at once.
- Mass Salvage will not salvage items that are equipped or favorited.
- Mass Salvage can filter for:
- Item Type:
- All Items
- All except Augments
- Life stones
- All except Legendary
- All Mutated
- Item Type:
Players will now see their remaining lives displayed on the in game HUD display.
- Lives only display in missions with limited lives
- When a player dies, a special ping is temporarily dropped on the location they died
Lightbringer Amplifier Activation Prompt
Players will now be prompted with a confirmation message if they try to activate the Amplifier and launch the final assault on the Heart of Darkness before sealing all Dark Tears.
Ray Tracing Balanced Mode
Ray tracing options have been updated under Video settings. Players can now select between:
- Quality – Replaces the previous “On” setting.
- Balanced – A less demanding ray tracing option.
- A 30 second cooldown has been added to Hecate’s Inferno Hammer, but the effect now lasts for an additional 2 seconds.
- We have slightly reduced the strength of traits that deal bonus damage to enemies afflicted with ailments, so that these traits are better balanced with the recent ailment changes.
- To help balance the Critical Hit mechanic, the Critical Hit section of the Skill Grid has been revamped. Only Critical Hit chance skills are available, and the skills have been slightly reduced in strength. (Note: This change has been live since the release of the 3.2.206 Lightbringer Update, but was missing from the patch notes)
- The Bronze Animus spawned by a Dark Tear in Lightbringer deals 40% more damage while protected
- We have slightly reduced the strength of Guardian Kuriakos & High Lord Makantor, to bring them more in line with other bosses of comparable power.
Combat Related Items
- Adjusted Flameblood Abomination’s player tracking to allow for more leniency in dodging its Grab Attack.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the Leaping Shield Bash attack would not trigger Soulshatter damage.
- Solved an issue where ailment consumption’s damage formula was calculating results incorrectly.
- Solved an issue where Armored enemies would only take 1 damage per second from Ailments, regardless of stack count.
- Solved an issue where blessings were not granted to players during their fight with Moraix when striking blue weakpoints with their secondary weapon.
- Solved an issue where blue weakpoints were missing from Zamora and Grieves Sunsteel encounters.
- Solved an issue where Crimson Marksmen’s towers could spawn suddenly without their associated animation/VFX.
- Solved an issue where (Elemental) Archon Fury’s increased ailment chances on hit would stop functioning for the duration after that Valorplate’s passive is used to inflict the same ailment.
- Solved an issue where Finesse Rank 5 skill would not deal 50% more damage when performing a rushing strike on full-health enemies as described.
- Solved an issue where Flameblood Gargoyles would remain in the air if breached.
- Solved an issue where Gilden Commander would not use their Grab Attack.
- Solved an issue where health globes dropped by Kragani’s destructible Red Crystals were healing for 50% max player health each instead of 5%.
- Solved an issue where High Lord Makantor’s ranged summons would drop health globes out of reach on the top of their towers when killed.
- Solved an issue where High Lord Makantor’s ranged summons would not receive damage from some ranged sources.
- Solved an issue where Kragani’s lava pools would not disappear when the boss is defeated.
- Solved an issue where Moirax could perform Perilous Strikes too frequently.
- Solved an issue where Moirax’s Final Form Doppelgangers would only use one attack repeatedly instead of a variety of attacks.
- Solved an issue where Moirax’s Final Form fiery footsteps did unnoticeable damage to the player.
- Solved an issue where Moirax’s Final Form Orb did unnoticeable damage to the player.
- Solved an issue where Nyak Summoner would receive the Shock ailment when standing over their own electric attacks.
- Solved an issue where players may encounter Level 1 enemies when loading into multiple mission types.
- Solved an issue where performing Shield Throw attacks against multiple enemies could cause a significant hitch.
- Solved an issue where Sentinels summoned from Archon Fury would fail to prolong their duration when the player obtained Archon Fury charge from their Siphon Rank 3 skill.
- Solved an issue where takedowns on a disarmed Moirax were performed with invisible weapons.
- Solved an issue where the Armistice breach shockwave from activating Archon Fury was dealing lower damage than intended.
- Solved an issue where the damage numbers from third and fourth attacks of the Longsword Northern Technique would not render.
- Solved an issue where the Dodge input buffering would sometimes not store the directional input.
- Solved an issue where the Polarity Shockwave attack could be interrupted.
- Solved an issue where the Polearm Northern Technique could be interrupted.
- Solved an issue where the regular Shield Throw would not trigger the +30% damage from Silvermane’s Archon Fury.
- Solved an issue where Vargul Healer could heal allies who were outside of its area of effect.
Equipment Related Items
- Solved a multiplayer issue where picking up a health globe with Concentration (augment) would fail to heal nearby allies.
- Solved an issue where completing a Cursed objective would not trigger an Awakening notification.
- Solved an issue where cursed items with the “X% cap to All Resistances” secondary trait would appear as positive instead of negative while cursed.
- Solved an issue where Force Barrier (augment) would not grant immunity to interruptions from attacks while the player was above 50% overhealth.
- Solved an issue where Grandmaster’s Station (Amulet) would not place a Mark of Weakness on enemies when applying ailments.
- Solved an issue where Mercy (Dual Blades) would not unleash a Polarity Shockwave when swapped into with a full polarity bar.
- Solved an issue where summoned Fire Elementals from the Cat Talisman (charm) would deal no damage while Retribution is active.
- Solved an issue where the Longsword Southern Technique Timing Attack would not consume ailments with Heavenly Reversal (ring).
- Solved an issue where the primary trait of a Cursed item would not have any visual indicator that it has been upgraded when lifting one of several curses.
- Solved an issue where the primary trait of Pendant of the Servant (amulet) would overwrite the primary trait of Mark of the Red Armorer (ring).
- Solved an issue where using the primary trait of The Wolf’s Fury (augment) to gain overhealth caused subsequent overhealth gains (from other traits) to no longer function.
- Solved an issue with Trial-Runner Javelin (polearm) where the primary trait would lose all Dueling Charges when a player’s attack was blocked.
- Solved various issues where irrelevant damage sources would remove Mortal Strike charges from Bramble (greatsword).
- PS4 – Solved an issue where “New” indicators would reappear after clearing them from the equipment menu on a new login.
Menu/UI Related Items
- Solved a multiplayer issue where certain actions (such as the Heavy Attack combo) would cause screen shakes to other players.
- Solved an issue where cosmetics unlocked via Dreamstones would not display their unlock notifications.
- Solved an issue where cosmetics unlocked via Lightbringer would not display their unlock notifications.
- Solved an issue where the “Enemies Petrified” bonus objective would show up in Dreamstones, preventing players from gaining Lucidity and Stability.
- Solved various issues with text and unlocalized strings.
Rendering Related Items
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Light Beacons were untargetable by the ping system.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the Spectral Takedown prompt was displayed to other players.
- Solved an issue in Lightbringer where enemies would blend into the darkness, making them hard to see.
- Solved an issue where certain attacks from the Flameblood Devastator would cause significant FPS hitches.
- Solved an issue where Kujata’s and Thraex’s breath attack VFX did not match their damage zone.
- Solved an issue where looking towards the elevator in Kragani’s Antechamber could cause a significant hitch.
- Solved various issues with LOD and low res textures not loading properly.
- Solved various issues with rendering and animation hitches on enemy models.
- PS4 – Solved various issues with improper lighting and shadow rendering.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where audio would be missing after loading into a cutscene.
- Solved an issue where dying for the first time while far away from a spawn point in the Fire Realm could cause the environment to go missing in Free Roam.
- Solved various issues with missing geometry or other collision issues in the environment.
- PS4 – Solved a crash issue that could occur after several hours of play.
- PS4 – Solved an issue in the Lightbringer game mode where selecting a Curse from the Curse menu could cause a significant hitch.
Lightbringer, Fire & Darkness Expansion - 3.2.206
- Release Date: August 10, 2021.
- This update represents the largest content update to the game since the initial launch in November. It includes a continuation of the Godfall story in our Fire & Darkness expansion and a brand-new game mode as part of our free Lightbringer Update! Players will enjoy new loot to pursue, enhancements to core game systems that will enable greater build variety, and the introduction of the PlayStation 4 version allowing more fans to experience Godfall.
Playstation 4 Launch
Godfall Deluxe Edition and Ascended edition are available now for purchase via the PlayStation Store on PS4. Featuring Cross-gen play allowing PS4 and PS5 players to play cooperatively in both campaign and endgame content. Godfall on PlayStation includes a free upgrade path for PS4 players once they transition to PS5. PS5 players will also be able to play Godfall on PS4.
Fire & Darkness Expansion
The Fire & Darkness content is only available for players with access to the Expansion. The expansion introduces a brand-new realm for players to explore: The Fire Realm, with new, challenging enemies to fight and new bosses to overcome.
- The Fire Realm
- 4 new Story Missions
- 5 new Hunt Missions
- 1 new Explore the Realm Mission
- 12 New Enemies
- 5 New Bosses
Into the Endgame
Expansion players will be able to access Fire Realm content in the Endgame:
- New Fire Realm Dreamstones
- Fire Realm enemies and bosses can spawn in the Ascended Tower of Trials
- Lightbringer can be played in the Fire Realm
- 30 new in-game earnable cosmetics exclusive to Expansion players
- A powerful new Amulet and new Charm with double primary traits
The Lightbringer Update content is available to all Godfall players for free. An all-consuming darkness threatens to spread throughout Aperion and choke the world of all light…
Lightbringer is a new game mode for level 50 players to take on new challenges and collect a new type of loot – Cursed Items – which can only be found in Lightbringer missions. In Lightbringer the Earth, Water, Air, and Fire Realms have been corrupted by the Heart of Darkness. In this mode players will:
- Explore the Darkness to defeat corrupted enemies and locate Dark Tears, manifestations of the Heart of Darkness in the realm that must be destroyed to release the Sanctum’s Light that has been sealed away within.
- Escort the Sanctum’s Light back to the Amplifier, a powerful weapon in the fight against the Darkness.
- Eliminate the Heart of Darkness in an epic final battle!
Note – Fire Realm Content can only be accessed by the player if they own the Fire & Darkness expansion.
- Matchmaking Beta: Matchmaking has come to Godfall! Connect with up to two other players on the new Matchmaking tab for Ascended Tower of Trials and the new Lightbringer mode.
- Ping System: A ping system has been added to enable better communication in multiplayer. Use pings to help coordinate on mission objectives and powerful enemies.
Ascended Tower of Trials
- Primal Items: The chance for Primal Items to drop in the Ascended Tower of Trials has been doubled.
- Intense Banes: A new type of bane has been added to the Ascended Tower of Trials – Intense Banes. These have stronger, more difficult effects, but a higher Loot Bonus.
- Ascendant & Exalted Realm Bosses: The Ascended Tower of Trials will now spawn the more challenging Ascendant & Exalted versions of Realm Bosses as you progress higher in the Tower.
Cursed Items are powerful new weapons and equipment that can only drop in Lightbringer. Cursed Items have one or more curses, which reduce the strength of the item and replace the secondary traits with negative traits. Cleansing curses from Cursed Items also allows you to extract the curse as a resource. Curses can then be used in Lightbringer to apply additional challenges in order to increase your rewards.
Curses can be cleansed from Cursed Items by completing specified objectives in the Ascended Tower of Trials and in Dreamstones while using the Cursed Item. Each time a curse is removed, the item becomes more powerful and a negative trait is turned positive.
Once all of the curses have been cleansed, the Cursed Item becomes an Awakened Item, and will be among the most powerful items that you can obtain in Godfall. There are a total of 42 Cursed Items available.
The ailment system has been revamped, improving the gameplay of ailments and adding more variety to how you can interact with the system.
Ailments now have more differentiated effects:
- Bleed – Increases the damage taken by the target and applies a damage-over-time effect
- Poison – The target gains a long duration damage-over-time effect with a high total amount of damage
- Chill – Slows the target’s movement and attack speed and applies a damage-over-time effect
- Shock – Increases Breach damage taken by the target and applies a damage-over-time effect
- Curse – Decreases the damage dealt by the target and applies a damage-over-time effect
- Ignite – The target gains a short duration, high intensity damage-over-time effect
Ailment Chance traits have been removed. Effects that apply ailments are now guaranteed to apply the ailment when specific attacks are performed (e.g. “Shield Throws inflict Ailments”).
Ailments can now be applied to enemies multiple times, giving you the ability to apply multiple stacks of an ailment on an enemy at the same time for increased effect.
The strength of ailment stacks are now relative to the strength of the attack you use to apply the ailment. High-damage attacks will apply stronger ailments stacks, with stronger effects and increased damage over time.
Additionally, you can gain Ailment Power traits to increase the effectiveness of ailments you apply to enemies, and you can gain Ailment Duration traits to increase the duration of ailments you apply to enemies. Both of these traits will increase the total damage over time dealt by the ailments.
Some items will now allow you to consume ailments from enemies. When you consume ailments from an enemy, all ailments stacks are removed from the enemy and any remaining damage from the ailments is dealt to the enemy instantaneously.
86 new Valorplate cosmetics have been added to better customize your favorite Valorplates. Complete new challenges to earn cosmetics and show them off to your friends in the new matchmaking modes! Check the cosmetics section on the Equipment tab to see what’s been added and how to unlock them.
- 56 new in-game earnable cosmetics available to all players
- 30 new in-game earnable cosmetics exclusive to Godfall: Fire & Darkness
Quality of Life Enhancements
- Mission Level Scaling – Story and Hunt Missions have been updated to support level scaling based on the selected mission difficulty.
- Easy Difficulty: Missions stay at the recommended level
- Normal Difficulty: Missions start at the recommended level and scale to near your level
- Hard Difficulty: Missions start at the recommended level and always scale to your level
- Expanded Explore the Realm – Players can now interact with multiple Twilight Springs in Explore the Realm to keep pursuing new objectives.
- Item Keywords – Get more detailed information about loot effects on the Armory and Equipment screens via keywords. Press the info button to display them.
- Resistances on the Stat Screen – The Stat Screen has been updated so that capped resistances are highlighted in green.
- Dreamstone Sorting – Standard Dreamstones are now sorted by level (from high to low). Volatile Dreamstones now sort by level (high to low), then rarity (legendary to rare). Players can also change Volatile Dreamstones to sort by Recent/Rarity/Level/Name.
- Enemy Levels on Nameplates – Enemy nameplates have been updated to always show enemy levels, even when enemies are more than 10 levels higher than players.
- Improved Augment Navigation – The augment screen has been updated to keep you on the Augment Constellation screen after setting/updating augments, making augment management much faster.
- Improved Forge Navigation – The Forge will now remember which item you had selected for upgrading after you leave the upgrade screen.
- Improved Weakpoint hit detection for Keyboard/Mouse controls – Hitting weakpoints with keyboard/mouse has been improved.
- Overhealth revamped: The rate that Overhealth drains now depends on the amount of Overhealth that you have. Overhealth drains quickly while it is nearly full, and the rate slows down as your Overhealth depletes. Additionally, new traits have been added to the game that slow down the Overhealth drain rate, and these traits have replaced any traits that completely stopped Overhealth drain.
- Rampage revamped: Rampage now drains while it is active but you can keep damaging enemies to maintain it longer.
- Balanced Items: We have slightly reduced the strength of three items that were too powerful compared to other items. We feel that after these changes the items will still be effective when used in your builds, but they will be more in line with other options in the game.
- Surety (Augment): Weakpoint damage bonus has been reduced.
- Archon’s Tear (Life Stone): Critical Hit chance bonus has been reduced. Critical Hit damage bonus has been reduced.
- Mesa’s Banderole (Banner): Critical Hit chance bonus has been reduced. Critical Hit damage bonus has been reduced.
- Due to the Ailments 2.0 changes, we have modified a number of ailment-related items so that they function properly with the new system. Some of these items had small balance tweaks, while other items had their traits modified to work with the new ailment mechanics.
Weapon Related Items
- Solved an issue where Soulshatter buildup would stop functioning after taking damage, being knocked down, or swapping weapons.
- Solved an issue where the Longsword Southern Technique’s Timing Attack scaled off Might instead of Spirit.
- Solved various issues involving Dual Blades where they could clip or appear unexpectedly in several animations.
- Solved an issue where Armistice’s Archon Fury trait would not apply damage to breached enemies correctly.
- Solved an issue where banner skill bonuses (besides Charge Speed) could stop functioning after death.
- Solved an issue where players could desync when placing a banner at the same time they died.
- Solved an issue that would prevent players from using their Shield Throw abilities if against a wall or pillar.
- Solved an issue that would prevent Shield Throws and Arcing Shield Throws from using Critical Hits.
- Solved an issue where enemies knocked down by a Weak Point hit from a Shield Throw were not valid targets for Takedowns.
- Solved an issue where the game could hitch when using Shield Throw for the first time after starting the game.
- Solved an issue where the player character could get stuck in a perpetual Shield Block position after repeatedly parrying attacks.
- Solved an issue where the player would not resume their block stance if they dodge a second time while holding the block input.
- Solved an issue where the Shield Ground Slam would be cancelled early if the input button was not held long enough.
Skill Related Items
- Included several missing tutorials that should appear after unlocking their respective skill.
- Included Takedown input priority over Archon Mode activation to prevent accidental activation while sprinting.
- Solved an issue where attempting to perform a Takedown with multiple valid targets could delay input commands.
- Solved an issue where certain enemies were unaffected by the Spectral Takedown ability and received no damage.
- Solved an issue where performing a Spectral Takedown could deactivate Archon Fury.
- Solved an issue where skill bonuses from the Polarity Attacks would stop working after death.
- Solved an issue where the first rank of the Breach Skill would not increase the damage dealt by Leaping Shield Base against full-health ranged enemies.
- Solved an issue where the Rampage Charge Speed bonus (from ranks 2 & 4) could stop working after player death.
- Solved an issue where Weak Points that appear after a parry (or revealed by traits) would remain for their full duration instead of disappearing once struck.
Multiplayer Related Items
- Solved a multiplayer issue where takedowns could deal no damage to enemies.
- Solved an exploit that allowed party members to replay Dreamstone missions while collecting loot and stacking boons infinitely.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where repeatedly attempting to climb a ledge with high latency could disable use of that ledge.
- Solved various issues with elevators in multiplayer.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where certain Ascension Powers were not working correctly.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where changes to the player’s loadout could revert after closing their inventory.
- Solved a multiplayer crash issue that could occur when a player attempted to place a banner without a banner equipped.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where players may not be able to see other player banners.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the Warhammer’s Heavy Attack combo finisher would not trigger Soulshatter damage.
Enemy Related Items
- Adjusted Combat Weight of certain enemies to further balance encounters.
- Included new tutorials for boss fights with obscure game mechanics (such as Lunara)
- Updated Abyssian Bonecrusher AI to prevent it from using its Rage Grab if players move out of range.
- Solved an issue where a Vargul Warrior could become unkillable if the player was stunned out of their takedown animation.
- Updated boss encounters to die automatically if left unattended in their Takedown state.
- Updated boss health bars to show a visual flare when they have reached their Soulshatter damage cap.
- Solved an issue where bosses could queue attacks during their cinematics, giving no grace period when the fight starts.
- Solved an issue where bosses could snap to face players instead of using their turn animation when on their last health phase.
- Solved an issue where certain bosses could aggro before the player entered their arena.
- Solved an issue where players grabbed by Lunara could lose their ability to dodge.
Game Related Items
- Solved an issue where players were unable to access Dreamstones through the Holomap while using a gamepad after completing the main story.
- Solved an issue where the Free Roam red bonus objective beam would remain visible if a Treasure Hermit managed to escape.
- Included new Boons to the Tower of Trials.
Menu, UI/HUD, & Inventory Related Items
- Included a new KeyArt as a loading screen.
- Solved a crash issue that could occur by waiting several minutes in the defeated screen and then attempting to respawn.
- Solved a crash issue that would occur when attempting to switch to a different character while the Rampage Skill was still active.
- Solved an issue where players who rebound their interact key could not use the Boon selection menu in AToT due to the menu using the buffered input to select the default boon.
- Updated Polarity Codex entry to explain that Polarity Attacks deal Soulshatter Damage.
- Solved an issue where Augment traits that scale and benefit from connected Augment attributes would not display the bonus they grant.
- Improved HUD elements to provide better clarity for Archon Fury and Weapon Art meters.
- Updated on-screen tips to clear after a minute of uptime, regardless of (in)completion. Previously the tip will remain on screen until the player fulfills its conditions.
- Solved an issue where item descriptions could overflow from their textbox. They will now wrap into multiple columns.
- Removed the titles from holomap nodes that aren’t selected to reduce visual clutter.
- Solved various missing or incorrect text localization issues.
Animation Related Items
- Solved an issue where enemies could be seen walking in place during their patrols.
- Solved an issue where enemies would revert to a T-Pose if killed with a takedown after being knocked down.
- Solved an issue where enemy animations would flicker or stutter when viewed from a long distance.
- Solved an issue where the enemy AI would only play the first Taunt animation in its pool, instead of selecting one at random.
- Solved various issues with armor clipping for enemies.
- Solved an issue where the Sanctum could lose lip sync with its voice lines.
- Solved an issue where the player character could flicker or shake during cinematics.
- Solved an issue where the player character would excessively ragdoll after death.
- Solved an issue where the player character’s head would not follow to look at the current camera direction.
Environment Related Items
- Optimized biome landscapes by removing unnecessary geometry.
- Solved an issue where players could experience interference when entering a boss arena.
- Solved an issue where Spirit Tethers could become untargetable or indestructible in the Water Realm.
- Solved various collision issues with the environment where players could get stuck.
- Solved various issues where Chest event objects (such as pistons or plants) could become permanently invisible if the player opened their inventory or traveled out of rendering distance.
- Solved various issues where loot chests were clipping incorrectly with the environment.
- Solved various issues with low poly environment pieces would not update based on distance.
SFX & Other Audio Related Items
- Improved audio feedback for Light Attack SFX against armored enemies, to reinforce using other attacks.
- Solved an issue where certain keyboard inputs would not produce the associated SFX that can be found when using a mouse or gamepad.
- Solved an issue where no background music would play after loading into a mission.
- Solved an issue where no SFX would play whenever a player attempted to use a Life Stone (with 0 charges left) to notify the player they had none left.
- Solved an issue where the intro logos would not respect the volume settings saved by the player.
- Solved an issue where the SFX of the last hit in a Longsword combo attack would either be delayed or not play at all.
- Updated UI SFX to prevent abrupt audio cuts.
VFX & Other Visual Related Items
- Added a fade effect to foliage whenever it intersects with the camera to avoid visual obstruction.
- Optimized VFX components to use less expensive materials.
- Solved an issue where certain boss attack VFX would not render when playing on lower graphical settings.
- Players could creatively move Zenun around the Sanctum against his desires. Please, no bully.
- Solved an issue where the camera would clip under the ground if the player died to an enemy grab attack.
- Solved an issue where the Standard & Ascension level up animation, fanfare, and stat replenishment would not occur after the first trigger in a mission.
- Solved various text and Input Reminder issues located in the Codex.
Godfall Quick Update - 2.4.54
- Release Date: February 18, 2021.
- PC: LIVE
- PlayStation 5: LIVE
General - All Platforms
- Solved an issue where the Ascendant Trophy/Achievement (Complete 20 floors in the Tower of Trials) would not unlock appropriately. Note: Players that have previously completed this challenge should retroactively receive this Trophy/Achievement once they enter any mission.
- Solved an issue where interacting with the augment selection screen while having more than four pages of augments would cause significant stuttering and other performance problems.
- Solved a crash that could occur when equipping an augment that had a scaling attribute trait.
- Solved an issue where some Ascension powers were lost after switching characters or rebooting the game.
- Solved an issue where the “+1% Loot Bonus” Ascension trait did not total to 5% when maxed out.
- Solved an issue where Boon upgrades were stacking with previous versions of themselves rather than being set to the current boon level value. In other words, if a Level 1 Boon gave +5, and Level 2 gave +10, the error would give players +15 instead of the intended +10.
- Solved an issue where certain Banes would incorrectly appear under the Boons section.
- Solved an issue where different rarity Boons would be offered to players at a higher level than intended. The first appearance of all Boons should be offered at Level 1 regardless of rarity.
- Solved an issue where the Max Lifestones Bane would reapply itself after certain inventory triggers, reducing a player’s lifestone maximum down to zero.
- Solved an issue where the Renegerative Bane would allow bosses to quickly heal past phase checkpoints, undoing progress if the player died.
- Solved an issue in the Tower of Trials where inflicting Sobeku with an ailment while it’s regenerating would trigger it to spawn Razorback beasts on each heal/DoT tick. This unintended mechanic would spawn dozens of Razorbacks leading to a variety of performance issues.
- Solved an issue where Macros was incorrectly vulnerable to Predestination (augment), where its takedown trait would allow for a free kill.
- Solved an issue where the Exalted Air Realm Gauntlet would spawn all bosses in their Ascended versions instead of their Exalted versions.
- Solved an issue where certain areas of Sunforge had significant framerate drop issues related to lighting.
- Solved an issue where having the Combat HUD setting turned On would cause significant framerate drops in any version of the Tower of Trials.
- Solved an issue where sometimes the Crystal Voidlings summoned by Vargul Summoners would appear invisible.
- Solved an issue where the players could desync their game when planting a banner at the same time as their own death.
- Solved an issue where the player’s weapons could disappear when they respawn.
- Solved an issue where using the “Copy Current Loadout” would lock items making them unavailable to be salvaged. This should retroactively fix all the locked items – go ahead and salvage all that loot!
- Updated the Invisibility Bane to no longer affect certain bosses during their invulnerable attacks/abilities.
- Updated the Regeneration Bane to no longer affect certain bosses during their invulnerable attacks/abilities.
- Updated the “Copy Current Loadout” so it does not unequip all currently equipped augments on the new target Valorplate.
- Updated several missing localization strings.
- Updated the Dreamshaping menu (for Dreamstone rewards) to include a confirmation delay to prevent the UI from desyncing/breaking from quick succession purchases.
- Updated the Primal Item stat card to remove the black box graphical error.
Godfall Update - 2.4.44 (Primal Update)
- Release Date: February 11, 2021.
- PC: 11:00am EST (8:00am PST)
- PlayStation 5: 11:00am EST (8:00am PST)
General - All Platforms
- Solved an issue where bosses in the takedown state would reset and become invulnerable to takedowns if the player dies.
- Solved an issue where certain bosses (basic and their variations) would not have their takedown animations available.
- Solved an issue where defeating a Story Mission boss would sometimes crash without saving progress.
- Solved an issue where leveling up while performing a takedown finisher on a boss would cause the boss to no longer be defeatable.
- Solved an issue where summoned enemies from a boss encounter would remain alive after the main boss has perished.
- Solved an issue during Dreamstone Gauntlets where bosses would not spill their utility drops (such as health globules or archon fury charge) until the final boss died.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the final boss in a gauntlet mission would fail to drop the loot from the previous bosses.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where enemy projectiles could desync and cause damage to players through their shields, or clip through their hitbox dealing no damage.
- Solved an issue where Abyssian Lancers could regenerate faster than intended.
- Solved an issue where Black Tide Officers could grab the player from a greater distance than intended.
- Solved an issue where Darkmoon Sentinels would make a non-perilous attack that would expose a weakpoint if parried, but remain ethereal (and thus invulnerable to damage).
- Solved an issue where Grieves Sunsteel would continuously spawn Flameblood enemies if the player would wait outside the arena.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Dreamstone Ascendant/Exalted Grieves Sunsteel mission could be successfully completed by having one player leave the party and another player die.
- Solved an issue where Sobeku would use their perilous strikes or bite after a tail swipe attack and always miss the player.
- Solved an issue where Gilden Knight could become unkillable in Dreamstones if players dealt too much damage too quickly.
- Solved an issue where the player could be stunned out of the Vargul Warrior takedown animation, causing the Vargul Warrior to become unkillable.
- Solved an issue where Sunflare Ravager could become invulnerable if the fallback/alternate takedown is used (instead of the primary animation).
- Solved an issue where Falcius Diarch would teleport away, they would appear to start their healing ability but never actually complete that action.
- Solved an issue where Falcius Diarch could use their grab attacks before intended.
- Solved an issue where Falcius Diarch could reveal a takedown prompt when breached before being reduced to 0 hit points as intended.
- Solved an issue where Exalted Solaris’ grab attack could kill a player instantly, regardless of their stats.
- Solved an issue where Exalted Solaris would not spawn correctly and not fight the player (or take damage).
- Solved an issue where Solaris’ Beam Massacre could be reselected for use immediately after firing.
- Solaris should now go into proper recovery from using that attack.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Solaris would summon an invisible Sunflare Orb for the remainder of the mission.
- Solved an issue where certain enemy types would sometimes suffer no damage from takedowns.
- Solved an issue where enemies were not scaling correctly.
- Solved an issue where enemy grab attacks would connect at the start of the anticipation animation instead of the intended attack frames.
- Solved an issue where players were able to block certain Red Power Attacks. (Reminder that Red Power Attacks are meant to be unblockable)
Combat Related Items
- Solved an issue where player projectiles (such as Shields) would sometimes not interact with Story Mission objectives (like Spirit Tethers).
- Solved an issue where respawning from death would sometimes cause the held weapon to unequip, despite showing as equipped in the inventory.
- Solved an issue where using a Northern Technique while having the Polearm Voidsight as your offhand would still allow you to trigger its primary effect and summon a Void Sentinel.
- Solved an issue where leveling up in the middle of a Longsword heavy combo finisher would result in eccentric camera behavior.
- Solved a multiplayer issue when fighting Exalted Macros where using a Longsword Northern Technique could cause that player to crash.
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury Sentinels could cause a sever frame rate drop when firing their beams at enemies.
- Solved an issue where target-locking on an enemy would prevent the button prompt for the Rank 5 Takedown skill (Spectral Takedown) from appearing, despite being useable.
- Solved an issue where the Rank 3 Weakpoint skill would allow players to stack the breach damage bonus indefinitely.
- Solved an issue where the Rank 5 Takedown skill (Spectral Takedown) could target bosses (who are immune to the skill).
- Previously you could target a boss, consume the Spectral Takedown and deal no damage. You can no longer target bosses.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the Rank 5 Takedown skill (Spectral Takedown) would sometimes not be available.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where using “Petrifying Slam” would not function but still consume the shield charge.
UI/HUD and Input Related Items
- Solved an issue where Dreamstone advertised rewards for Hunt Missions would sometimes be missing or appear combined into a single item.
- Solved an issue where losing network connection when finishing a Dreamstone mission and attempting to select a Boon would cause desync issues when they reconnect.
- Solved an issue where the final boss fight of a Dreamstone always indicated that it awarded a skill point. This is true only for the first completion of that Dreamstone, and will no longer appear on subsequent attempts.
- Removed the tutorial cards that would appear when replaying a mission through Dreamstones
- Solved a multiplayer issue where attempting to open the Party Invite UI with the Dreamstone menu open would cause the text to overlap.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the second player to interact with a Divination Spring can remove the boon the first player selected by choosing the same boon.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where clicking on the “Start a Party” button could softlock the player with a blank UI screen.
- Solved an issue where a crash could occur when trying to unlock a new Valorplate while the Rank 5 Takedown skill is unlocked.
- Removed the current objective text when the player enters the Training Room. (It will no longer overlap with the combo list text)
- Solved an issue where boss health bars would not render in the Tower of Trials.
- Solved an issue where attempting to switch characters while offline and then reconnecting would cause a softlock.
- Solved an issue where opening the Equipment menu with items containing certain combinations of skills/traits could crash the game.
- Solved an issue where parrying a Red Power Attack with high ping would cause the Shield to stay deployed on their arm.
- Solved an issue where selecting the Salvage option in the forge when attempting to Upgrade or Enchant an item would cause a softlock.
- Solved various issues with localization strings.
- Solved an issue where certain gamepad controller inputs on the Equipment menu could cause a softlock.
- Solved an issue where the post-mission screen prompt (Continue Exploring or End Mission) would not register gamepad controller input shortly after it appeared.
- Solved an issue where gamepad controllers would sometimes not register the sprint command correctly.
- Solved an issue where taking the Rank 1 Finesse skill could cause all evade actions to be a slide.
- Solved an issue where the player could lock out their input when attempting to use “Siphon” or “Sundering Slam” skills.
- Solved an issue where the lifestone healing animation would not play, causing a softlock for future lifestone healing.
SFX and VFX Related Items
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the music during cutscenes would abruptly end for all party members, leaving only voice overs and certain SFX to play.
- Solved an issue where choosing Boons in the Dreamstones menu was missing their SFX.
- Solved an issue where the Low Health SFX would fade away after a brief moment despite the player remaining in a critical state (or take a new instance of damage).
- Solved an issue where the Low Health VFX would not grow in intensity as the player sustained more damage and grew closer to death.
- Solved an issue where leveling up could create a corrupted SFX that would loop for a short time.
- Solved an issue where opening the door to Zamora could create a corrupted SFX that would loop until the mission is complete.
- Solved an issue where the chest opening SFX would sometimes loop indefinitely after opening a Timing Post or Minesweeper puzzle chest in Free Roam.
- Solved an issue where using the beacon in the Tower of Trials could create a corrupted SFX that would loop until the trial was completed.
- Solved various issues with audio desyncs that could occur during some cutscenes.
- Solved various issues related to micro-stuttering. We are still on the lookout for more possible issues that cause stuttering.
- Solved an issue in Free Roam where the chest of the third complete activity would sometimes disappear after completing the puzzle.
- Solved an issue where a Cursed Chest’s protective aura would reappear if the player created too much distance (between them and the chest) after defeating all the enemies, preventing the player from opening the chest.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the Timing Posts from the puzzle chest found in Free Roam could not be hit with a party of 3 players.
- Solved an issue where completing a Dreamstone mission always rewarded the player as if they had completed one more objective than they had completed.
- Solved an issue where defeating Macros in a Dreamstone would not take the player back to the Sanctum after the countdown timer ends.
- Solved an issue with the Air Realm Gauntlet that allowed bosses to leave the arena’s boundaries.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where a player could become stuck if they attempted to use a Phase Node to escape the elevator before the door closes.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where destroyed totems retained their collision model, causing janky movement around their location.
- Solved an issue where the game would sometimes crash after watching a cutscene.
- Solved an issue where portals could spawn outside the arena during the first challenge room of The Final Ascent.
- Solved an issue where Story Missions taking place in the Central Tower would crash when interacting with the Twilight Beacon.
- Solved an issue where the Sunflare Orb activity could sometimes not be activated in Story Missions.
- Solved an issue where Charm rooms in the Tower of Trials would not offer Charm chests.
- Solved an issue where chests in a Charm room would display Banner icons instead of Charm icons in the Tower of Trials.
- Solved an issue where opening two chests inside certain rooms in the Tower of Trial would prevent the elevator beacon from functioning.
- Solved an issue where players could sometimes receive one less key than presented on their timer in the Tower of Trials.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where only one player from a party of 3 in the Ascended Tower of Trial could see health bars.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where only the first party member interacting with a Divination Spring is able to obtain a boon when inside the Tower of Trials.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where opening a door in the Ascended Tower of Trials could cause all users to disconnect.
- Solved an issue that could place the player out of bounds when using a Phase Node, causing their death.
- Solved an issue where respawning from death would sometimes cause the game to crash.
- Solved various environment collision issues across the realms.
- Solved various issues with LOD and texture rendering.
- Solved various issues with player animations (such as weapon placements and boss takedowns).
Playstation 5 Only
- Solved an issue where opening the Options Menu while the Unlock Skill notification is displayed would cause a ringing SFX to loop.
- Solved an issue where loading the “Black Tide Officer Hunt” during the Solaris Ascended Dreamstone would sometimes cause the game to crash.
- Solved an issue where disconnecting your gamepad controller while the Mission Complete menu is on screen would cause the controller to be unresponsive after reconnecting it.
- Solved an issue where selecting an unlocked augment node with a gamepad controller reloads the augment menu instead of opening the list of available augments.
- Solved an issue where swapping between a gamepad controller and a keyboard would cause Sprinting to break if you altered the Sprint Toggle option.
- Solved an issue where the augment tab of the Forge menu cannot be selected by using the keyboard.
- Solved an issue where the Salvage, Favorite, and Lore options were not available when using keyboard arrows to select items.
- Solved an issue where using the spacebar to salvage gear in the “Select Gear to Replace” menu would sometimes cause a softlock.
- Updated many missing mouse button prompts (on mouse-click interactions that had no icons).
- Ray-tracing is enabled for users using NVIDIA cards 20XX and up. Ensure that NVIDIA drivers are at 461.09 or newer along with Windows update version 19041 or newer.
Godfall Update 2.3.15
- Release Date: December 17, 2020.
- PC: 11:00am EST (8:00am PST)
- PlayStation 5: 11:00am EST (8:00am PST)
General - All Platforms
- Mass Salvage is now in the game!
- Players can now tag gear with a Salvage or Favorite mark
- Gear currently equipped on a Valorplate continue to be Locked
- Gear with a Favorite or Locked tag cannot be salvaged
- Gear with a Salvage tag will be disassembled when you choose to “Salvage All”
- Solved an issue where Amulets, Rings, Charms, and Augments’ Secondary traits were not increasing when upgraded to Rank 3.
- Solved an issue where Secondary Traits would not upgrade properly when upgrading the item to Rank 5.
- Solved various issues that could cause hitches and stuttering.
- Included reminder name text on Tower of Trial icons.
- Included a Field of View slider.
- Solved an issue with input buffering where buttons held (ex: Weapon Technique, Blocking) would not register properly.
- Increased the windows of opportunity to buffer the use of a lifestone during combat animations.
- Updated the way the game handles Input Buffering
- Improved framerate issues when using an Archon Fury that summons Sentinels.
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury damage effects were not accurately displaying the correct values.
- Solved an issue where Lunara’s AoE Grab would cancel the player’s Archon Fury early.
- Certain boss encounters were updated
- Improved Weapon Technique HUD to include a visual flourish when a bar is full.
- Increased tracking/rotation on all weapons.
- Shoutout to all the Greatsword users who were having a hard time landing hits where they aimed.
- Solved an issue that allowed enemies to parry a player’s Weapon Technique attacks.
- Solved an issue where Light and Heavy Timing Attacks were dealing incorrect (and lower) damage.
- Light and Heavy Timing Attacks were dealing the same damage as the weapon’s Light Attack
- Damage for the timing attacks now correctly scales with its corresponding attack and its +20% bonus
- Example Numbers: LA = 100, LTA = 120. HA = 150, HTA = 180. Where previously, all (Light and Heavy) Timing Attacks dealt 100.
- Solved an issue where the game could crash when attempting to use Weapon Techniques while doing a Charged Heavy Attack.
- Updated the Rank 3 Finesse Skill to allow players to throw projectiles with every quick turn.
- Previously the Quickturn attack would only trigger when the stagger effect was off cooldown.
- Now every Quickturn will throw daggers regardless if the stagger effect is available (and apply stagger when off cooldown).
- Solved an issue where leveling up would not fill Weapon Technique or reset Shield Cooldowns.
- Solved an issue where players could get knocked down when performing a Weapon Technique
- Solved an issue where Leaping Shield Bash scaled off Might (instead of Spirit) when performed using your Secondary Weapon.
- Solved an issue where using the Longsword’s Northern Technique during a level up would make the HUD permanently disappear.
- Solved an issue where spamming attacks during a Longsword’s Southern Technique could bypass the Timing Attack window.
- Solved an issue where the Dual Blades Charged Heavy Attacks would not trigger reliably.
- Solved an issue where the final hits of the Dual Blades Charged Heavy attack would not register.
- Solved an issue where Polearm Heavy Timing Attacks would not benefit from the Timing Attack Skill’s Rank 5 damage bonus.
- Solved an issue where Polearm Heavy Timing Attacks would not trigger Soulshatter damage.
- Solved an issue where the Polearm’s Heavy Timing Attack would not consume Rampage to deal +500% damage.
- Included colored health states on a player’s name tag for multiplayer. This also includes a flash indicator for whenever a player is hit.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where abandoning a Dreamstone activity as a follower would create a placeholder mission in their holomap.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where voice lines could overlap for party members during cutscene transitions.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer Tower of Trials where attempting to open a locked chest with insufficient keys would prevent the player from interacting with other objects on the same floor.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where a player could lose the use of their Interaction Button when trying to open a chest at the same time as another player.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where Solaris’ shield bar would appear full to someone who died despite whatever damage the shield sustained.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer when fighting Solaris shield bar would not update until it was fully broken or recharged.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where button prompts would linger after completion if the player spammed the interaction key.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where dodging Lunara’s AoE Grab would cause the player to levitate in the dodge’s direction.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where the loot was capped at Tier 40 in certain game modes instead of scaling to the missions tier.
- Solved various multiplayer crash issues due to desyncs.
- Updated Dreamstone Boss Gauntlets to withhold loot until the final midboss is defeated.
- Adjusted the animations for Kraven’s “stop” cycles.
- Adjusted the animations for Sunflare Ravager’s Takedown finisher so it doesn’t dramatically ragdoll after death.
- Adjusted the animations for the Shield so it will snap in place after blocking a heavy hit.
- Adjusted the animations to the Arcing Shield Throw to include more body/shoulder weight behind the throw.
- Adjusted the animations to the Longsword light attack combo so it feels less floaty.
- Adjusted the animations to the Vargul Warrior’s “battle cry” and “walk” cycles.
- Adjusted the animations to various Abyssian enemies suffering from stutters in their “walk” cycles.
- Removed the 250ms animation delay on equipment hover. Traits will now display immediately when the stat card is pulled up.
- Solved an animation issue where getting grabbed by Zamora while near her sides would cause the player to float (instead of being in her hand).
- Solved an animation issue where Grieves Sunsteel’s Hammer would swing wildly when he places it down to throw a fireball.
- Solved an animation issue where Grieves Sunsteel’s Lava Bucket would sway unrealistically during his Takedown animation.
- Solved an animation issue where Nyak Adepts would appear to slide instead of walk properly.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where sometimes blocking a regular attack could lock the player in a repeating blocking animation loop.
- Solved an issue that would cause all enemies of a group to animate in sync.
- Solved an issue where immediately after placing a banner, the player is unable to animation cancel anything.
- Solved an issue where the level up animation would cancel other animations and reset the camera location.
- Improved Navmesh and spawn logic to prevent immobilized or otherwise nonresponsive enemies.
- Improved visual guidance from Spirit Vision for Free Roam activities.
- Red bonus objective beams have increased in size
- A new particle effect was included to guide players to the nearest beam
- Included a confirmation screen when attempting to exit the game.
- Included a confirmation screen when attempting to reset the Skill Grid.
- Included a press-and-hold key safety when attempting to abandon a Dreamstone.
- Included a prompt at the end of a Hunt Mission which allows players to choose between Free Roam or Return to Sanctum.
- Included some emissive VFX to help inform players about objects of importance (such as Switches).
- Increased player pickup radius responsiveness while sprinting (to avoid backtracking).
- Increased the turn radius allowed during Super Sprint before breaking. Enjoy speedrunning through the realms!
- Increased the amount of health on the Training Dummy.
- Removed player collision from NPC summons.
- Removed the “I CANNOT BE STOPPED” line from Macros’ dialogue options while he’s below 40% health to prevent ironic death quotes. (You will fall, and you will fail Macros!)
- Removed the press-and-hold interaction for gathering nodes so they can be collected with one button press.
- Solved an issue in Free Roam where the Timing Posts from Chest Puzzle events could spawn on multiple floors if they were located inside a building.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where the second hit of the Polearm’s light combo would not deal damage if performed too quickly.
- Solved an issue where “Full Health” effects (like those found on the Red Dragon Tail Polearm) would not function properly.
- Solved an issue where a crash could occur when fighting Sunflare Ravager during the Shrine of the Godsmith mission.
- Solved an issue where adjacent augment bonuses were not displaying on the other augments’ stat cards.
- Solved an issue where ailment UI timers on the player (such as Burning) would continue to run while paused.
- Previously, you could pause the game to cause the debuff timer to expire despite it continuing to run for its intended duration.
- Solved an issue where Ascendant versions of mid-bosses were dropping an increased amount of health globules.
- Solved an issue where Azure Enclave would be inaccessible (through an inactive phase node) when entering Free Roam after playing a Hunt Mission in Floating Remnant.
- Solved an issue where base and upgraded items rewarded the same amount of Electrum if salvaged.
- Solved an issue where boss music would continue to play after the boss has been defeated.
- Solved an issue where bosses would not show their Takedown interaction if they were breached beforehand.
- Solved an issue where cinematics could double render character models.
- Solved an issue where clearing enemies quickly with high latency could cause objectives not to appear.
- Solved an issue where cloth weapon attachments would malfunction when re-entering a boss arena after dying.
- Solved an issue where Cursed Chests could produce a blinding light in the Water Realm.
- Solved an issue where Dreamstone versions of Solaris and Macros would not play unique combat music when engaged.
- Solved an issue where dying to Phalanxar in the Tutorial could respawn you too far, and sometimes stuck in the air.
- Solved an issue where elevator prompts could fail to appear, preventing further progression.
- Solved an issue where enemy weapons would not disintegrate properly with their owners leaving residual VFX.
- Solved an issue where Gilden Commander’s mist wall would not fill to fit the arena’s entrance.
- Solved an issue where items without a fixed element could roll Secondary Traits of a different element when Enchanted.
- Solved an issue where leveling up removed the VFX from loot on the ground.
- Solved an issue where low tiered enemies could clash break with you, disrupting the combat flow.
- Solved an issue where Lunara’s orbs are not rendered properly.
- Solved an issue where opening the Difficulty Menu would always highlight Easy Difficulty. It will now highlight the currently set difficulty when opening the Difficulty Menu.
- Solved an issue where placeholder geometry could be found under certain Valorplates furs.
- Solved an issue where placing a banner could be canceled midway to proc traits from items while conserving the cooldown of the banner.
- Solved an issue where player spawned projectiles (ex: from gear) would take strange flight patterns to reach their targets.
- Solved an issue where players could attack and defeat Zenun during his rescue mission.
- Solved an issue where players would jump to phase nodes they stood under instead of their targeted phase node.
- Solved an issue where players could experience a considerable hitch when first opening the door to Exalted Lunara
- Solved an issue where Polearms could be thrown to destroy targets through sealed doors, preventing further progression.
- Solved an issue where purchasing all ranks of a skill caused some max rank skills to be partially reset on the next launch of the game.
- Solved an issue where resources (other than Electrum) would not be summed up as a single item in the loot feed.
- Other resources will now show only once in your loot feed for their total amount acquired, just like Electrum.
- Solved an issue where Sunflare Orbs could sometimes spawn outside safe zones, becoming inaccessible.
- Solved an issue where Sunflare Ravager would not play its unique music when engaged in the Air Realm Gauntlet.
- Solved an issue where the “X% Health Recovery while your health is below 25%” boons were providing the same amount of recovery.
- Previously, the 65/88/112% health recovery boons all gave 75% instead of what was described.
- Solved an issue where the number of heal charges the Falcius Diarchs had would reset if they lost player aggro.
- Solved an issue where the Brightness slider could not be moved to the left completely.
- Solved an issue where the floating text “RECOVERY” would display over specific chests.
- Solved an issue where the Leaping Shield Bash would not trigger Soulshatter damage.
- Solved an issue where the player could be locked in an intangible state after performing a parry.
- Solved an issue where the player could suddenly stop as soon as they enter Super Sprint.
- Solved an issue where the Polarity Attack HUD would not update correctly after player death.
- Solved an issue where the Rampage VFX weapon trails would not behave properly.
- If a weapon was swapped, the offhand that did not trigger Rampage would not adopt the VFX weapon trails.
- If the original weapon remained sheathed after Rampage expired, it would retain the VFX permanently.
- Solved an issue where the Resistance skill node displayed an incorrect amount of Resistances granted by each Rank.
- Solved an issue where treasure chests could respawn when party members drop out of the party.
- Solved an issue where Vargul Champions may have no Takedown prompts, preventing further progression.
- Solved an issue where Zamora’s cloth physics would go crazy and spaz out.
- Solved an issue with the environmental wind strength not applying properly during the tutorial.
- Solved an issue with the Lashing Reflection (Augment) where the damage increase was not applying at all.
- Solved an issue with the Rank 5 Weakpoint Skill where the shockwave produced would reapplying damage modifiers, resulting in astronomical numbers.
- Previously, the Shockwave would deal 50% of the original damage and stack on all modifiers (include weak point damage) again.
- Now the Weakpoint Shockwave will correctly package 50% of the original hit’s total and only apply that damage as intended.
- Solved various disappearing environment pieces due to LOD and/or View Distance drawing issues.
- Solved various environment collision issues across the realms.
- Solved various issues and glitches with boss introduction cinematics.
- Solved various issues with missing VFX indicators on loot pickups.
- Solved various issues with text strings not being translated from English to their appropriate language.
- Solved various spelling and grammatical issues in several languages.
- Solved various waypoint pathing issues that would briefly point players in the wrong direction during missions.
- Solved various waypoint pathing issues that would point players to the furthest objective/enemy instead of the closest one.
- Updated the Equipment screen to have Gear Comparison on by default.
- You can still toggle this option to view the weapon model.
- Updated the holomap to include the currently selected difficulty.
- Updated the Macros encounter so he can no longer preemptively channel corruption and stun players before they engage with him after they die.
- Updated the previously confusing Rampage UI gauge – it will now appear in the player’s weapon UI.
- Updated the SFX tied to spending skill points on the skill grid.
- Updated the Skill Grid descriptions to match the player’s current/custom keybindings (instead of the default keys).
- Updated the UI to display what materials were obtained from gear salvage.
Playstation 5 Only
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where accepting an invite on the Title Screen did not automatically transition the player into the game.
- Solved an issue where all audio would be lost when resuming the game from Rest Mode.
- Solved an issue where starting the game without an internet connection and then reconnecting would cause the player to load with a different character (if they own multiple characters).
- Included a Salvage shortcut for the keyboard (bound to Spacebar).
- Included a Sprint Toggle option for mouse and keyboard.
- Solved an issue where highlighting different augments with a controller and the mouse would render two stat cards at the same time.
- Solved an issue where pressing the Escape key would close all the menus instead of backing out of the current sub-menu.
- Solved an issue where stat cards would not update when navigating with arrow keys or the gamepad left stick after clicking back into the game window with a mouse.
- Solved an issue where the Windowed Fullscreen setting was showing the wrong resolution.
- Solved various issues where the incorrect mouse button icons are displayed in menus.
- Updated mouse button RMB/LMB icons to better display the target button clicked.
Godfall Update 2.2.4
- Release Date: December 9, 2020.
- PC: LIVE
- PlayStation 5: LIVE
Update 2.2.4 is now available for both the PC and PS5 versions of Godfall. This update includes a wide array of bug fixes, stability improvements, and continued optimization.
General - All Platforms
- Solved an issue where the host of a multiplayer match would incur a blank screen if a player in the party had not yet unlocked the boss encounter.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer when the user browsing a menu during a cutscene would be stuck outside after the cutscene and display the character with placeholder textures.
- Added additional logic around enemy spawn locations to prevent enemies from appearing in inaccessible spots on the map.
- Solved an issue where Objectives would not update properly.
- Solved an issue that could cause ranged enemies in the Tower of Trials to move to attack from melee range instead of the appropriate ranged distance.
- Solved an issue where enemies would lose target tracking of players in the Tower of Trials.
- Solved an issue where simultaneously killing the last set of enemies in the Tower of Trials could cause enemy waves to stop spawning.
- Solved a ray tracing issue in the Air Realm that caused a disproportionate negative impact on framerate.
- Solved a rendering crash that could occur when browsing the personal menus.
- Solved a crash that could occur with an internal spatial significance system miscommunicating with the server.
- Added game server capacity in Singapore, Sydney, and Canadian regions for increased multiplayer stability.
Playstation 5 Only
- Tuned HDR output settings to reduce overexposure & bloom.
Godfall Update 2.1.17
- Release Date: November 24, 2020.
- PC: 5:00pm EST (2:00pm PST)
- PlayStation 5: 5:00pm EST (2:00pm PST)
Thank you to the amazing Godfall community for your support since release! We also wanted to express a warm welcome to all the new players that have joined us since the recent EU launch of the PS5 as well! Please continue to provide us with feedback as we are continuing to monitor and address various issues while working toward future updates. Update 2.1.17 is now available for both the PC and PS5 versions of Godfall. This update includes a wide array of bug fixes, stability improvements, and continued optimization.
General - All Platforms
- Solved various collision issues across the realms where players could get stuck or clip through the world.
- Solved an issue with new accounts causing a hitch of VFX when displayed for the first time (stuttering).
- Solved an issue with Surety (Augment) that caused it’s damage to stack indefinitely with multiple Northern Techniques.
- Solved an issue where Dreamstone Boons’ values could change randomly while in the Holomap menu.
- Solved an issue where some higher tier midbosses were not dropping the correct amount of loot.
- Solved an issue where Foreboding Reach (Augment) displayed a +0% bonus to Rampage damage.
- Improve stability issues with co-op games.
- Solved an issue where low level flex missions would not scale appropriately with high level players.
- Solved various ledge climbing issues in the Water Realm.
- Solved a missing augment constellation connection on the Hinterclaw valorplate.
- Solved an issue in the equipment menu preventing players from equipping items from the 16th item slot of the first page.
- Solved an issue with the Skip button overlap and legibility.
- Solved an issue where certain trees in Crimson Glade would suffer from LOD issues.
- Players can no longer be interrupted by enemy AoEs when performing takedowns.
- Solved an issue where Nyak Windcarver’s electric orb was dealing more damage than intended
- Solved an issue where post-mission free roam would incorrectly scale to the highest player level. Free roam after completing a mission will now retain the mission’s original level scaling.
- The Darkstar Crusher (Legendary Hammer) primary trait has been adjusted: It will no longer affect Bosses (this includes Midbosses). Duration is now set to 15 seconds (previously 20s). The Time Bubble will slow enemies by 50% (previously 70%). Trait text will match the effect (previously, displayed 30% even though it was slowing by 70%).
- Solved an issue during the mission Tormentor’s Asylum where enemies would spawn out of combat zones.
- Solved an issue where players could be locked out of Light Attacks after performing certain Shield attacks.
- Solved an issue with monster descriptions in our Japanese localization.
- Solved an issue where players could crash when playing coop against Zamora.
- Solved an issue with multiplayer Free Roam where activating multiple beacons at the same time would result in the final beacon giving an incorrect amount of rewards.
- Solved an issue where God-Beast Ichor (Charm) would only spread poison to an enemy if it was their first time being poisoned.
- Solved various issues with phase nodes not activating after completing a hunt mission.
- Lock-on target icon will no longer display during cutscenes.
- Solved an issue where Dual Blades Northern Technique was not scaling at stage 4.
- Credits now properly display after finishing the campaign.
- Solved an issue where certain Dreamstones would not have their third activity choice displayed.
- Solved an issue where the Siphon Skill was not available if the player had not unlocked Weapon Techniques.
- Solved an issue where the Rank 5 Breach Skill (bonus damage to the next Charged Heavy Attack) only applied to the first hit of a multi-strike attack.
- Solved an issue where the Raider achievement was not unlocking properly.
- Solved several localization overlap issues with “Skill Unlock” notifications.
- Solved an issue in the Tower of Trials where the number of respawns could reset after completing a trial.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where players with high latency could get stuck on a Defeated screen, unable to respawn.
- Solved an issue with Warhammers receiving less bonus damage from various sources (Rampage, Polarity Attacks, Timing Attacks and consuming Rampage).
- Solved an issue where Boons that give Warhammer extra damage gave less than originally shown.
- Solved an issue where tooltips for destroying portals in the mission Shrine of the Godsmiths may show up and never expire.
- Solved a crash while fighting Bronze Animus at the end of the Soulshatter tutorial room.
- Solved an issue where multiplayer guests could select “Invite a Friend” when searching for a server, delaying load-times and possibly resulting in an error.
- Solved an issue where players quickly accessing a holomap after loading from an intel mission would interfere with boons.
- Solved an issue where Dreamstone Solaris’ Orb target players walking into the arena before they enter combat.
- Solved an issue where Keyboard shortcuts in the Equipment menu could misplace UI.
- Solved an issue where you could not dismiss the friends list using a controller.
- Solved several issues where fighting Zamora for the first time in a session would cause hitches.
- Solved an issue where skipping the final cutscene and credits would respawn the player in the boss arena.
- Solved an issue after completing Shrine of the Godsmiths where the Twilight Beacon for ending the mission disappears and selects a new one ~1400m away.
- Solved an issue where Valorplate names would not appear localized.
- Solved an issue where the Spirit Crystal mini-game would be considered complete if all crystals entered their correct realm at least once.
- Solved an issue where Treasure Hermits would lose their knockdown immunity upon getting hit while trying to teleport away.
- Solved an issue in multiplayer where players who force close the game are not removed from the party nor show a disconnecting message.
- Solved a crash that could occur during a three player coop game in Alluvial Plains.
- Solved an issue where Takedown Skill Rank 1 & 3 were not functioning correctly against certain melee enemies.
- Solved an issue where players were unable to navigate the equipment submenus with their gamepad controllers.
- Solved an issue where players were unable to navigate their friends list with their gamepad controller.
- Solved an issue where players were unable to navigate the cosmetics menu with their gamepad controller.
- Solved an issue with Dreamstones where flex missions would advance to the next round if the timer ran out.
- Solved a crash that could occur when opening a menu in Sanctum with raytracing enabled.
- Solved several issues with codex entries that would not unlock or unlock at the wrong time.
- Solved an issue where the player could get stuck in the Sanctum upon completing a Dreamstone.
- Solved an issue where the Clear Skills button would at times not refund any skill points.
- Added seven items missing from the loot pool. These should now drop appropriately, keep an eye out!
- Solved an issue where players needed to wait for the Parry animation to finish before taking another action.
- Solved an issue where the player could not start sprinting until they caught their shield from a throw.
- Solved an issue where the level-up animation would interrupt camera close-ups during conversation cutscenes.
- Solved a crash when respawning after returning to the game from another window.
- Solved an issue where upgrading an item without highlight a trait when using a mouse would cause the upgrade to fail and other issues.
- Solved an issue where the Training Room icons would not swap to display the current input device.
- Solved an issue where alternating between controller and M&KB would cause joysticks prompts to appear as debug text.
- Improved Ultra-Wide resolution support.
Playstation 5 Only
- Solved an issue where pressing the F11 key on a plugged keyboard would cause the game to hang.
- Solved an issue where changing a controls setting in a language other than English would change most text back to English.
Godfall Quick Update 2.0.95
- Release Date: November 18, 2020.
- Platform: PC
- This quick update, 2.0.95 is just for PC and enables the ability for players to play Godfall with ray tracing on while using applicable AMD GPUs. Note: players will need to have the latest AMD GPU drivers to enable this. Ray tracing using NVIDIA GPUs will come with a future update.
Godfall Quick Update 2.0.91
- Release Date: November 13, 2020.
- PC: Live
- PlayStation 5: Will be rolled out by Nov 15 at 9am PT/12pm ET
- Those playing Godfall when the update goes live will experience a brief disconnection and will need to re-launch the game.
General All Platforms
- Solved a reported crash when players received announcements while respawning
- Addressed areas around chests that were causing some players to get stuck
- Adjusted drain ability to be used without the weapon art skill
- Solved an issue that was preventing player respawns in multiplayer
- Solved for enemies becoming unresponsive after a player respawned
- The respawn counter no longer resets after each trial in Tower of Trials
- Fixed “ON” and “OFF” options in the settings menu that were displaying incorrectly in some languages
- Solved a reported crash from occurring when launching with certain languages
- (2.0.93) Resolved an issue on PC where some players were seeing a black screen when loading into a multiplayer match.
Playstation 5 Only
- Solved an issue that would revert the localized text to English when settings were modified