Effects in Godfall are bonuses or penalties that affect a character for a certain amount of time. Effects can be obtainable from Weapons, Valorplates, Accessories or Skills, as well as from the attacks of Enemies and Bosses. They range from having bonus health to inflicting much more damage or reducing incoming damage.
All Effects in Godfall
Blessings are temporary enhancements to your abilities that can be gained through skill and items.
- Blessing of Power: Increase damage dealt.
- Blessing of Endurance: Reduce damage taken.
- Blessing of Luck: Increase Critical Hit chance
- Blessing of Infusion: Increase chance to inflict Ailment
You can also gain Greater Blessings, stronger versions of the original Blessings. A Greater Blessing will replace a basic Blessing of the same type.
Some items and abilities allow you to Blind nearby Enemies.
- Blinded Enemies are temporarily stunned.
- Blind affects all Enemies nearby.
- Not all Enemies can be Blinded
Marks are temporary detrimental effects that can be applied to Enemies.
- Mark of Fragility: Increase damage dealt to the Marked enemy.
- Mark of Weakness: The Marked enemy deals less damage.
- Mark of Leeching: Restore Health whenever you hit the Marked enemy.
Overhealth is temporary bonus Health the player can gain from their abilities and equipment.
- Incoming damage depletes your Overhealth first, before you regular Health.
- Overhealth degenerates over time.
- The maximum amount of Overhealth you can gain is equal to your maximum Health.
When an enemy is put into Stasis, they are temporarily incapacitated.
- Enemies in Stasis, cannot move or attack.
- Stasis is removed if the enemy is damage.
- Not all Enemies can be put into Stasis.
Ailments are damage-over-time Effects that can be inflicted when you deal damage to Enemies, You can increase your chance to inflict Ailments through abilities and equipment.
Each type of Ailment can only be inflicted when you deal damage of the type associated with that Ailment.
Physical Damage can inflict Bleed.
Fire Damage can inflict Ignite.
Water Damage can inflict Chill.
Earth Damage can inflict Poison
Air Damage can inflict Shock.
Void Damage can inflict Curse.